**This listing is for a free preview of this class. The full class costs $225.00 for a 12 month subscription to the class page.**
IMPORTANT: This listing is a FREE preview only. When you enroll in this free preview class, you can see what the class page looks like, the informational documents for the class, and the first three lessons of assignments and resources.
Welcome to the Ancient Civilizations Self-Paced Class! Travel back in time and learn about people, places, and events that happened long ago. Watch empires rise and fall, learn about people who left their mark on the world, and find out how events from long ago are still shaping our world today. In this class, we will use The Story of the World, Volume 1 textbook and activity book to study events from early humans through the fall of the Roman Empire. In addition to these resources, we will also use a history encyclopedia to complete various assignments such as, projects, timeline dates, chapter thought questions, outlines, essays, historical biographies, and map work. Topics covered in this class span the earliest times to the end of the Roman Empire and include, but are not limited to:
- Early People
- Ancient Egypt
- Ancient Mesopotamia and Sumeria
- Ancient India
- Ancient China
- Ancient Africa
- Ancient Greece
- Alexander the Great
- The Roman Empire
Pre-requisites for Class: None
Supplies Needed for this Class: (All Supplies Optional – See syllabus after enrollment for more information.)
- 3-ring binder (at least 2”, but can go bigger)
- 5-tabs labeled “Maps”, “Timeline”, “Outlines”, “Essays”, and “Projects”. You may also choose to have an additional tab labeled “Class Information” for your easy reference.
- Printer paper
- 5 colored pens or pencils in red, blue, green, orange and black (markers not recommended as they bleed through paper)
- Other assorted supplies as noted on project descriptions. Please read ahead to see supplies needed so you can have them ready to go when they’re needed.
Textbook/Workbooks Needed for this Class:
- The Story of the World, Volume 1: Ancient Times, revised edition (You can get the print version or the electronic version. There’s also an audio version, but I don’t recommend that unless your student has a special need that warrants it. Reading is a critical skill that is only advanced by practice.)
● The Story of the World Activity Book One: Ancient Times
● The Kingfisher History Encyclopedia (Older edition fine, too – we will be utilizing the table of contents and index to find what we need rather than page number.) OR The Usborne Internet-Linked Encyclopedia of World History
This self-paced class is the equivalent to a full-year class. There is no need to enroll in a second semester. It is 100% teacher-supported and all class resources will be delivered via an class page online though not all assignments are online. There are many offline assignments for students to complete. Assignments, quizzes, and tests completed and turned in on the class page will be returned with a grade and feedback. At the end of the course, student will receive a final grade. Students can contact the teacher with any questions or challenges, as well as interact with classmates via class forum boards.This class is licensed to be used with one student only. Special co-op packages are available. Please email Customer Support for more information.
This class is taught from a non-faith based worldview.
This class is subject to our Withdrawal and Refund Policy for self-paced classes.
Questions? Contact our Customer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.