**This listing will enroll one student into this class based on a payment plan. By completing enrollment in this class, you are agreeing to the terms of the payment plan.**
Welcome to Chemistry – 1st Semester Live Class! Chemistry is a science that ‘deals with the composition and properties of substances and various elementary forms of matter’. In simple terms, chemistry is the study of matter and everything around us is made of matter. It helps explain how God put the world together and how it works. Chemistry matters! During this class, students will get a very thorough understanding of the foundations of chemistry. This class will help prepare students for a college-level chemistry course.
- Chapter 1: Measurements, significant figures, scientific notation
- Chapter 2: Mixtures, mass, Dalton’s atomic theory
- Chapter 3: Periodic table, Isotopes, Electromagnetic spectrum, Bohr model
- Chapter 4: Modern view of atoms, Electron configuration, Lewis structures, ionic compounds
- Chapter 5: Covalent compounds, Polar covalent bonds, Polar vs Non-polar
- Chapter 6: Physical and chemical changes, Kinetic theory of matter, balancing equations, Formation and decomposition reactions, combustion reactions
- Chapter 7: Mole concept, limiting reactions, Stoichiometry
- Chapter 8: Empirical and molecular formulas, polyatomic ions
This is a YEAR LONG (2 semesters) course covering 16 chapters but each semester must be purchased individually.
The class will meet once a week. Please allow 1 1/2 hours for class. Each chapter will take 2 weeks to complete. Students will be responsible for answering the chapter questions and participating in the review of these questions in class. Each chapter also has a test which will be graded. During the year, students will be assigned several labs reports to complete for a grade.
Some of the experiments will be done during class or can be viewed via videos. Students are encouraged to complete as many labs as possible in order to use this course as a lab credit.
This class begins on August 27, 2019 and runs weekly on Tuesday at 11:00am Central Time through December 17, 2019.
This class will be taught from a biblical, creationist point of view.
- Pre-requisites for Class: This class is a high school level course and can be taken before or after Biology. Students should have a good working knowledge of algebra, having completed at least Algebra 1 or be taking it along with the class.
- Supplies Needed for this Class: Supply list will be supplied upon enrollment.
- Textbook/Workbooks Needed for this Class: Discovering Design with Chemistry by Dr. Jay Wile
This class is subject to our Withdrawal and Refund Policy.
Questions? Contact our Customer Support team at email@example.com.
About HIS Creation Science:
My name is Debbie Mackin with HIS Creation Science. I received my BS in Medical Technology degree from the University of Tampa and my clinical certification from Duke University Medical Center, Department of Allied Health. After working in clinical labs for almost 12 years, I left to be a full time at home mom at the birth of my oldest. I have 2 children and homeschooled them through graduation (my youngest graduated in 2017). I have a passion to help kids see our Awesome Creator through the study of science! By studying the creation around us, we can better know our Creator!