This is the second semester of year-long class. Completion of the first semester of this class or teacher approval is required to enroll in this class.
**This is a Sibling Add-On listing. This listing can be used to add a sibling to a class in addition to a previously enrolled student. If you are enrolling your first student or only one student, please use this listing.**
Welcome to Chemistry – 2nd Semester Live Class! Chemistry is a science that ‘deals with the composition and properties of substances and various elementary forms of matter’. In simple terms, chemistry is the study of matter and everything around us is made of matter. It helps explain how God put the world together and how it works. Chemistry matters! During this class, students will get a very thorough understanding of the foundations of chemistry. This class will help prepare students for a college-level chemistry course.
- Acids and Bases
- Reduction and Oxidation (REDOX)
- Heat (specific heat capacity, calorimetry, latent heat)
- Chemical Equilibrium
This is a YEAR LONG (2 semesters) course covering 16 chapters but each semester must be purchased individually.
The class will meet once a week. Please allow 1 1/2 hours for class. Each chapter will take 2 weeks to complete. Students will be responsible for answering the chapter questions and participating in the review of these questions in class. Each chapter also has a test which will be graded. During the year, students will be assigned several labs reports to complete for a grade.
Some of the experiments will be done during class or can be viewed via videos. Students are encouraged to complete as many labs as possible in order to use this course as a lab credit.
This class begins on January 22, 2019 and runs weekly on Tuesday at 10:00am Central Time through May 14, 2019.
This class will be taught from a biblical, creationist point of view.
- Pre-requisites for Class: This class is a high school level course and can be taken before or after Biology. Students should have a good working knowledge of algebra, having completed at least Algebra 1 or be taking it along with the class.
- Supplies Needed for this Class: Supply list will be supplied upon enrollment.
- Textbook/Workbooks Needed for this Class: Discovering Design with Chemistry by Dr. Jay Wile
This class is subject to our Withdrawal and Refund Policy.
Questions? Contact our Customer Support team at email@example.com.