**$250.00 for a 12 month subscription to the class page**
Welcome to Chemistry Self-Paced Class! Chemistry is a science that ‘deals with the composition and properties of substances and various elementary forms of matter’. In simple terms, chemistry is the study of matter and everything around us is made of matter. It helps explain how God put the world together and how it works. Chemistry matters! During this course, students will get a very thorough understanding of the foundations of chemistry. This course will help prepare students for a college-level chemistry course.
- Chapter 1: Measurements, significant figures, scientific notation
- Chapter 2: Mixtures, mass, Dalton’s atomic theory
- Chapter 3: Periodic table, Isotopes, Electromagnetic spectrum, Bohr model
- Chapter 4: Modern view of atoms, Electron configuration, Lewis structures, ionic compounds
- Chapter 5: Covalent compounds, Polar covalent bonds, Polar vs Non-polar
- Chapter 6: Physical and chemical changes, Kinetic theory of matter, balancing equations, Formation and decomposition reactions, combustion reactions
- Chapter 7: Mole concept, limiting reactions, Stoichiometry
- Chapter 8: Empirical and molecular formulas, polyatomic ions
- Chapter 9: Solutions, solubility, molarity, molality, freezing point depression, boiling point elevation
- Chapter 10: Gas laws
- Chapter 11: Acids and bases, titration
- Chapter 12: Redox reactions, batteries, electroplating
- Chapter 13: Thermochemistry, specific heat, calorimetry, latent heat, endothermic/exothermic
- Chapter 14: Thermodynamics, enthalpy, entropy, Gibbs Free energy, activation energy, spontaneous reactions
- Chapter 15; Kinetics, reaction rates, catalysts
- Chapter 16: Equilibrium, Le Chatelier’s Principle
This is a SELF-PACED course covering 16 chapters.
As a self-paced course, students can move through the assignments at their own pace. Each chapter generally takes 2 weeks to complete but more or less time can be taken as needed. Each chapter also has a test which will be graded. Students will be also be assigned several labs reports to complete for a grade.
Students are encouraged to complete as many of the labs as possible in order to use this course as a lab credit.
- Pre-requisites for Class: This class is a high school level course and can be taken before or after Biology. Students should have a good working knowledge of algebra, having completed at least Algebra 1 or be taking it along with the class.
- Supplies Needed for this Class: Supply list will be supplied upon enrollment.
- Textbook/Workbooks Needed for this Class: Discovering Design with Chemistry by Dr. Jay Wile
This self-paced class is the equivalent to a full-year class. There is no need to enroll in a second semester. It is 100% teacher-supported and all class resources will be delivered via an class page online though not all assignments are online. There are many offline assignments for students to complete. Assignments, quizzes, and tests completed and turned in on the class page will be returned with a grade and feedback. At the end of the course, student will receive a final grade. Students can contact the teacher with any questions or challenges, as well as interact with classmates via class forum boards.This class is licensed to be used with one family only. Special co-op packages are available. Please email email@example.com for more information.
This class will be taught from a biblical, creationist point of view.
This class is subject to our Withdrawal and Refund Policy for self-paced classes.
Questions? Contact our Customer Support team.