Welcome to High School Biology Hybrid Class!
**This listing will enroll one student into this class based on a payment plan. By completing enrollment in this class, you are agreeing to the terms of the payment plan.**
Please note: Hybrid classes do not meet live. Please read about Our Class Formats for more information.
High School biology is a rite of passage for many students. It is often their first venture in higher science and is usually taken at the beginning of their high school career. Simply put, biology is the study of life. From bacteria to whales, amoeba to humans, biology sheds light on many different aspects of life on Earth.
**This class is taught from a secular perspective. Geological time and evolution will be discussed in this class.**
This hybrid class is 12-weeks long and covers:
- Lesson 1 – What is Biology?
- Lesson 2 – The Chemistry of Life
- Lesson 3 – Cellular Structure and Function
- Lesson 4 – Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration
- Lesson 5 – The Cell Cycle, Mitosis, and Meiosis
- Lesson 6 – Gregor Mendel and Genetics
- Lesson 7 – Molecular Genetics: From DNA to Proteins
- Lesson 8 – Human Genetics and Biotechnology
- Lesson 9 – From the First Organism Onward
- Lesson 10 – The Theory of Evolution
- Lesson 11 – The Principles of Ecology
- Lesson 12 – Communities and Populations
Regular quizzes and a mid-term test will be given at the end of this class to check for understanding of the material covered during this 12-week course.
This class is a hybrid class. Upon enrollment, you will gain immediate access to the class page. As a hybrid class new materials will be available weekly starting from the listed start date. Here is the schedule for the class:
- Week #1 material posted: August 26, 2019
- No material posted September 2 – Happy Labor Day!
- Week #2 material posted: September 9, 2019
- Week #3 material posted: September 16, 2019
- Week #4 material posted: September 23, 2019
- Week #5 material posted: September 30, 2019
- Week #6 material posted :October 7, 2019
- Week #7nmaterial posted: October 14, 2019
- Week #8 material posted: October 21, 2019
- Week #9 material posted: October 28, 2019
- Week #10 material posted: November 4, 2019
- Week #11 material posted: November 11, 2019
- Week #12 material posted: November 18, 2019
- No material posted November 25 – Happy Fall Break!
- Final Test will be posted November 18, 2019 so students can take it when they feel ready. Due date for all coursework will be December 9, 2019.
This class is 100% teacher-supported and all class resources will be delivered via a class page online. Students can contact the teacher with any questions or challenges, as well as interact with classmates via class forum boards.
Pre-requisites for Class: General Science
Supplies Needed for this Class:
- CK-12 Biology Online Textbook
- Biology Coloring Book
- A ruler with metric measurements
- A 3-ring binder (1-in. thick is fine)
- Printer paper (any color is fine)
- A package of 3×3 sticky notes (any color(s) is fine)
- Writing utensils of your choice
- Glue stick or tape
- 3-hole punch
- Pens or pencils
- Access to a printer to print out homework
- Tabs colored paper or other method of dividing notebook into sections (optional)
A certificate of completion are provided, you will need a printer to print them, if desired.
Textbook/Workbooks Needed for this Class:
How do I know this hybrid class is right for my student?
If you have ever enrolled in a live class, but were unable to attend the live sessions due to a schedule conflict and watched the class recordings instead, you took that live class as a hybrid class. This class contains recorded lessons and the same homework and tests that were delivered in a live setting. Hybrid classes are the best of worlds! Your student can watch the class recordings at their own pace and on their own schedule, but there is the structure and accountability of a schedule so your student can stay up to date with their classwork.
This class is eligible for the Withdrawal and Refund Policy for hybrid classes.
Questions? Contact our Customer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.