**$4.00 for a 4-month subscription to the class page**
Welcome to the History of Weapons: Dirks & Daggers Self-Paced Class! There you are, walking along the pathway at night, minding your own business when out of the bushes leaps a bandit! How do you defend yourself? Luckily for you, you thought to buckle on your dagger before you left home. When you arrive home safe and sound you see your dad skinning the hide of some animal so that the family can have new shoes and things, he waves the dagger he is using to complete this task as a hello and then goes about his work. In the front room, your sister is using her dagger to cut some sinew for a project she is working on. Daggers have been part of homes worldwide for much of history. There are numerous styles and types of daggers historically and globally. This class tackles some of the original daggers, some from middle historical times and some that are unique. In addition, the dirk will also be covered in detail. Come along and learn about dirks and daggers!
ALL History of Weapons classes are taught from a neutral point of view and are family friendly!
This class covers these weapons:
- Stone daggers
- Daggers made from material that is neither stone nor metal
- Metal daggers
- Dirks- the history and evolution
- Unusual daggers
Other Items covered in this class:
- Typing of daggers
- Purposes of embellishments of daggers
- A sampling of different daggers from around the world
- Blade Shapes and Tangs
In this Self-Paced Class you will find:
- Dirks and Daggers Ebook (53 pgs)
- History of Weapons Dirks and Daggers Slide presentation (85 slides)
- 3 Video’s that support the learning of these weapons available in MP4 format.
- Project ideas and instructions on creating daggers
- A PDF article on the dirk
- Printable Maps to use with the class
- Test with the Test Key separate
- Certificate of Completion
Additionally, in all bladed classes, you will find
- History of Weapons Blade Shapes and Tangs Slideshow (16 slides)
- A PDF article on Damascus Steel
* Blade Shapes and Tangs- this is important information for any bladed class. Since it is possible for a student to take classes in any order, this information will be available in all bladed classes offered. It is packaged separately so you can choose not to repeat it if desired.
There is a test w/ answers and a certificate of completion, along with maps and helpful information in this book. There are also project ideas included.
This class is a self-paced, subscription class. Upon enrollment, you will gain immediate access to the class page and all class materials. Your subscription to the class page runs for 120 days (about 4 months) during which time you can access the materials as much as you want. Once your subscription time has ended, you will no longer have access to the class page, however, you can purchase another subscription any time you want and as many times as you want. It is 100% teacher-supported and all class resources will be delivered via a class page online though not all assignments are online.
Pre-requisites for Class: None
Supplies Needed for this Class: Maps, a test and a certificate of completion are provided, you will need a printer to print them if desired and colored pencils for marking maps should you choose to do so, as well as a folder or small binder to keep them in. Items needed for creating projects will vary, doing a project is optional.
Textbook/Workbooks Needed for this Class: None, all books are provided.
It should be noted that when discussing dates in history both known forms of historical “dating” are used, due to the prevalence of both forms in books and on the internet. Curious as to how I use both dating systems interchangeably? Here is an example that you may find: The Song Dynasty began in 960 AD/CE. To prevent bias, I switch the order around, so you may also see: This weapon is first noted in 375 BCE/BC.
Due to the length and nature of this class, it is not subject to our Withdrawal and Refund Policy for self-paced classes.
Questions? Contact our Customer Support team at email@example.com.