This is the second semester of year-long class. Completion of the first semester of this class or teacher approval is required to enroll in this class.
**This class offers a discount for enrolling more than one student from the same family. Please use this listing to enroll your first student, but please use this listing to enroll subsequent students in the same family.**
Welcome to IEW Beginning Writing Continuation Live Class! This is a writing course like no other for students who have been introduced to the Institute for Excellence in Writing program through a Level A course. In this online class, students will incorporate art and art history with IEW writing skills in this fun continuation class. Students will read and write about the famous artists from Greece through the Renaissance and will be given opportunities to practice the artwork of the respective artists.
This is an exclusive class that is taught nowhere else!
Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW)
Focus of this writing class will be the award-winning Institute for Excellence in Writing’s methodology of writing with structure and style, focusing on not plagiarizing while outlining and creating organized and well-written paragraphs.
Who Should Take This Course?
This is an IEW Level A CONTINUATION COURSE, which means that it is the second step for students who have completed the Level A Beginning Writing program. Students in this course will be prepared for the Level B/Intermediate Class that is to follow during their next school year.
What is included?
Cost includes weekly lessons on the IEW units (Units 1-7), vocabulary/grammar lessons and games, and editing of papers if submitted to instructor by requested due date. Each student receives personalized feedback on written work. It is not required that students submit writing papers, but it is highly encouraged.
Scope & Sequence
- Week 1: IEW Unit IV – Summarizing References
- Week 2: IEW Unit IV – Summarizing References
- Week 3: IEW Unit IV – Summarizing References
- Week 4: IEW Unit IV – Summarizing References
- Week 5: IEW Unit IV — Summarizing References/3-Paragraph Report
- Introductory Statement/Final Clincher
- Week 6: IEW Unit V – Writing from Pictures
- Week 7: IEW Unit V – Writing from Pictures
- Week 8: IEW Unit VI – Multiple Sources / Fused Outline
- Week 9: IEW Unit VI – Multiple Sources / Fused Outline
- Week 10: IEW Unit VI – Multiple Sources / Fused Outline
- Week 11: IEW Unit VI – Introduction/Conclusion
- Week 12: IEW Unit VI – Final Report
- Week 13: IEW Unit VII – Basic Descriptive Essay (Answering a Prompt)
- Week 14: End-of-Session Review
Please note, this semester’s class runs 14 weeks in length. The price of this class directly corresponds to its length. This Spring class is Semester 2 only. Completion of both semesters of this class completes the entire year-long course.
This class begins on January 21, 2019, and runs weekly on Monday at 1:15pm Central Time through May 6, 2019. There will be no class on April 15th due to Spring Break.
IEW‘s method of learning to write works wonderfully! Learn more about this IEW by watching this 6-minute video.
Pre-requisites for Class: Students who attend this class must have completed a Level A IEW course.
Supplies Needed for this Class: a 1 1/2″ or 2″ binder, thesaurus, pens, highlighters, and 3X5 index cards.
Textbook/Workbooks Needed for this Class:
- Textbook for this class will be provided by the instructor and is included in the enrollment fee. There will be a $10 cancellation fee to account for the textbook.
- Optional but recommended text: Discovering Great Artists by MaryAnn F. Kohl & Kim Solga.
This class is subject to our Withdrawal and Refund Policy. There will be a $10 cancellation fee to account for the textbook.
Questions? Contact our Customer Support team at email@example.com.