**This listing will enroll one student into this class based on a payment plan. By completing enrollment in this class, you are agreeing to the terms of the payment plan.**
Welcome to IEW Intermediate Writing Continuation Live Class!
This writing course is for middle school students who have completed an Institute for Excellence in Writing program through a Level B course. In this online class, students will read and write about the technology of the past while progressing in skills towards a full research report on technological topics of choice. Class will be “out of this world!”
Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW)
Focus of this writing class will be the award-winning Institute for Excellence in Writing’s methodology of writing with structure and style, focusing on not plagiarizing while outlining and creating organized and well-written paragraphs.
Who Should Take This Course?
This is an IEW Level B CONTINUATION COURSE, which means that it is the second step for students who have completed the Level A Beginning Writing program. Students in this course will be prepared for the Level C/Advanced Writing Class that is to follow during their next school year.
What is included?
Cost includes weekly lessons on the IEW stylistic and structural techniques (Units 1-5 this semester), vocabulary/grammar lessons and games, and editing of papers if submitted to instructor by requested due date. Each student receives personalized feedback on written work. It is not required that students submit writing papers, but it is highly encouraged.
Scope & Sequence
- Week 1 REVIEW: Key Word Outlines & Structure
- Week 2 Units I & II: KWO & Stylistic Technique
- Week 3 Unit III: Story Sequence Chart & Stylistic Technique
- Week 4 Unit III: Story Sequence Chart, Stylistic Technique, Titles
- Week 5 Unit III: Story Sequence Chart, Stylistic Technique, Titles
- Week 6 Unit IV: Summarizing References
- Week 7 Unit IV: Summarizing References & Sentence Openers Review #2, 3, 6
- Week 8 Unit IV: Summarizing References & Sentence Opener #4
- Week 9 Unit V: Writing from Pictures
- Week 10 Unit V: Writing from Pictures & Sentence Opener #5
- Week 11 Review
This Fall class is Semester 1 only. Winter/Spring is a separate semester (Semester 2) and will complete the entire course and include the remaining IEW Units 6-9.
This class begins on August 26, 2019, and runs weekly on Monday at 11:30 a.m. Central Time through November 4, 2019.
IEW‘s method of learning to write works wonderfully! Learn more about this IEW by watching this 6-minute video.
Pre-requisites for Class: Students who attend this class must have completed a Level A IEW course.
Supplies Needed for this Class: a 1 1/2″ or 2″ binder, thesaurus, pens, highlighters, and 3X5 index cards.
Textbook/Workbooks Needed for this Class:
- Rockets, Radar, & Robotics STUDENT TEXTBOOK
- IEW Student Resource Notebook from previous class (optional)
This class is subject to our Withdrawal and Refund Policy.
Live and Hybrid Class Withdrawal/Refund Policy
(Applies only to classes of more than 4 sessions/weeks.)
- Withdrawal before 2nd session: Full refund of class fee
- Withdrawal after 2nd session, but before 3rd session: Refund of 2/3rds class fee
- Withdrawal after 3rd session, but before 4th session: Refund of 1/3rd class fee
- Withdrawal after 4th session: No refund*
Questions? Contact our Customer Support team.
About Mrs. Ginny Lennon
Mrs. L. is a mother of four home-schooled children (two have graduated) and is a certified Institute for Excellence in Writinginstructor. Mrs. L. has taught IEW in both traditional and online classes for over fifteen years and enjoys watching the students improve in their writing skills. As a retired Navy family, Mrs. L. and her family homeschool on the East Coast after twenty years of learning around the world. In her free time, Mrs. L. enjoys crocheting, exercising, cooking, reading, and RVing.