This is the second semester of year-long class. Completion of the first semester of this class or teacher approval is required to enroll in this class.
**This class offers a discount for enrolling more than one student from the same family. Please use this listing to enroll your first student, but please use this listing to enroll subsequent students in the same family.**
Welcome to IEW Intermediate Writing Continuation Live Class! In this course, students will write about people and events of the Middle Ages while working progressively through the nine IEW units and a variety of stylistic techniques.
Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW)
Focus of this writing class will be the award-winning Institute for Excellence in Writing’s methodology of writing with structure and style, focusing on not plagiarizing while outlining and creating organized and well-written paragraphs.
Who Should Take This Course?
This is an IEW Level B course, which means that students should have had some exposure to the IEW method of outlining and writing at Level A. It is geared towards students ages 8 through 13 but will fit well for any student with an interest in improving writing skills at this level.
What is included?
Cost includes weekly lessons on the IEW units, vocabulary/grammar lessons and games, and editing of papers if submitted to instructor by requested due date. Each student receives personalized feedback on written work. It is not required that students submit writing papers, but it is highly encouraged.
Participating students will use the PDF download of Middle Ages – Writing with Structure and Style, which will be provided upon purchase of this class.
Scope & Sequence
- Week 1 Multiple Source Research/Fused Outlines (Unit VI)
- Week 2 Multiple Source Research/Fused Outlines
- Week 3 Multiple Source Research/Fused Outlines
- Week 4 Multiple Source Research – Introduction & Conclusion
- Week 5 Five-Paragraph Research Paper – outline
- Week 6 Five-Paragraph Research Paper – write
- Week 7 Research Paper – Intro/Conclusion & Bibliography
- Week 8 Writing from Pictures (Unit V)
- Week 9 Writing from Pictures
- Week 10 Writing from Prompts – Descriptive Essay (Unit VIII)
- Week 11 Descriptive Essay
- Week 12 Writing from Prompts – Personal Essay
- Week 13 Personal Essay
- Week 14 End-of-Session Celebration
Please note, this semester’s class runs 15 weeks in length. The price of this class directly corresponds to its length. This Spring class is Semester 2 only. Completion of both semesters of this class completes the entire year-long course.
This class begins on January 21, 2019, and runs weekly on Monday at 2:30pm Central Time through April 29, 2019. There will be no class on April 15th due to Spring Break.
IEW‘s method of learning to write works wonderfully! Learn more about IEW by watching this 6-minute video. Writing has never been so much fun!!!
Pre-requisites for Class: Students who attend this class must have completed at least one Level A IEW course.
Supplies Needed for this Class: a 1 1/2″ or 2″ binder, thesaurus, pens, highlighters, 3X5 index cards, and a large ring or index box for vocabulary cards.
Textbook/Workbooks Needed for this Class:
- Textbook for this class will be provided by the instructor and is included in the enrollment fee. There will be a $10 cancellation fee to account for the textbook.
This class is subject to our Withdrawal and Refund Policy. There will be a $10 cancellation fee to account for the textbook.
Questions? Contact our Customer Support team at email@example.com.