**$90.00 for a 9 month subscription to the class page**
Sixteen Lessons Provided
Welcome to the Interior Design Self-Paced Class! Are you interested in art and love to decorate? Would you like to learn more about Interior Design? If so, this is the class for you!
Interior Decorating is a 16 week course open to Jr. High and High School aged students. Each week, students will study the integral parts involved in good Interior Design, discuss concepts learned and work on their very own room design project throughout the Semester! This is a self-paced course and each lesson is aligned to the specific text which is required.
Scope and Sequence:
- Lesson 1 – Orientation to Interior Design
- Lesson 2 – Thematic and Historic Design Styles/Designing for Special Populations/Class Discussion Questions/Decorating Style Worksheet
- Lesson 3 – Principles and Elements of Design/Evaluating Good Design/Symmetry vs. Asymmetry/Class Discussion Questions/
- Lesson 4 – Color Theory/Types of Color Schemes with Examples/Color Influencing Factors/Notes/Class Discussion Questions
- Lesson 5 – Lighting/Lighting Effects with Examples/Lighting Sources Worksheet in Class/Class Discussion Questions
- Lesson 6 – Space Planning/Zones in Design/Types of Plans/Notes- Developing a Floor Plan/Class Discussion Questions
- Lesson 7 – Furniture Arrangement/Human Factors/Types of Furniture/Notes-Furniture Arrangement/Class Discussion Questions
- Lesson 8 – Furniture Selection/Types of Furniture Materials/Furniture types identification/Notes-Furniture Buying Tips/Class Discussion Questions
- Lesson 9 – Architectural Details/Wall Treatments/Windows/Notes-Recycling Salvaged Materials/Window, Roof, Door and Housing Styles/Class Discussion Questions
- Lesson 10 – Wall, Ceiling and Window Treatments/Wall Covering guidelines and cautions/Identification of Window Treatments/Notes-Choosing Wall and Ceiling Treatments/Class Discussion Questions
- Lesson 11 – Flooring Materials/Stone-Wood-Resilient Flooring/Carpet Identification/Notes-Carpet Buying Tips/Analyzing Your Flooring Worksheet/Class Discussion Questions
- Lesson 12 – Fabric/Woven vs. Non-woven Textiles/Fabric type Identification/Notes-Tips on Choosing Fabrics/Presentation on Cotton/Class Discussion Questions
- Lesson 13 – Art and Accessories/Vocabulary/Identification of Art Processes/Notes-How to Arrange Accessories/Class Discussion Questions/Special Art Project Instruction
- Lesson 14 – Building Systems/Steps in the Finishing Processes/Structural Identification/Online Field Trip-Choosing Siding/Energy Efficiency/Class Discussion Questions
- Lesson 15 – Historic Design/Color in Historical Designs/Greek Classical Design/Historical Timeline Presentations/Begin Final Project Presentations
- Lesson 16 – Professions in Design/Final Project Presentations
Materials Needed for Class: None
Required Textbooks or Workbooks: Interiors, an Introduction (Fourth Edition)– ISBN-13: 978-0-07-296520-9 (please do not deviate from the given ISBN#) Text is available from many online vendors at a very reasonable price.
This class is taught from a non-faith based worldview.
This class is subject to our Withdrawal and Refund Policy for self-paced classes.
Questions? Contact our Customer Support team at email@example.com.