**$225.00 for a 12 month subscription to the class page. This is a full-year class so there is nothing more to buy once you enroll.**
**This class offers a discount for enrolling more than one student from the same family. Please use this listing to enroll your first student, but please use this listing to enroll subsequent students in the same family.**
This class is the 2nd class in a series of 4 world history classes. This class follows our Ancient Civilizations Self-Paced Class.
Welcome to the Medieval Times Self-Paced Class! Travel back in time and learn about people, places, and events that happened long ago. Watch kings and queens rule their kingdoms, learn about people who left their mark on the world, and find out how events from long ago are still shaping our world today. In this class, we will use The Story of the World, Volume 2 textbook and activity book to study events from the fall of the Roman Empire to the beginning of the Renaissance. In addition to these resources, we will also use a history encyclopedia to complete various assignments such as, projects, timeline dates, chapter thought questions, outlines, essays, historical biographies, and map work. Topics covered in this class span the end of the Roman Empire to the beginning of the Renaissance and include, but are not limited to:
- History of Britain
- Franks and Normans
- The Crusades
- The Ottoman Empire
- Global Colonization
- Reformation and Counter Reformation
- Early Explorers
Pre-requisites for Class: None
Supplies Needed for this Class: (All Supplies Optional – See syllabus after enrollment for more information.)
- 3-ring binder (at least 2”, but can go bigger)
- 5-tabs labeled “Maps”, “Timeline”, “Outlines”, “Essays”, and “Projects”. You may also choose to have an additional tab labeled “Class Information” for your easy reference.
- Printer paper
- 5 colored pens or pencils in red, blue, green, orange and black (markers not recommended as they bleed through paper)
- Other assorted supplies as noted on project descriptions. Please read ahead to see supplies needed so you can have them ready to go when they’re needed.
Textbook/Workbooks Needed for this Class:
- The Story of the World, Volume 2: The Middle Ages, revised edition (You can get the print version or the electronic version. There’s also an audio version, but I don’t recommend that unless your student has a special need that warrants it. Reading is a critical skill that is only advanced by practice.)
● The Story of the World Activity Book Two: The Middle Ages
● The Kingfisher History Encyclopedia (Older edition fine, too – we will be utilizing the table of contents and index to find what we need rather than page number.) OR The Usborne Internet-Linked Encyclopedia of World History
This self-paced class is the equivalent to a full-year class. There is no need to enroll in a second semester. It is 100% teacher-supported and all class resources will be delivered via an class page online though not all assignments are online. There are many offline assignments for students to complete. Assignments, quizzes, and tests completed and turned in on the class page will be returned with a grade and feedback. At the end of the course, student will receive a final grade. Students can contact the teacher with any questions or challenges, as well as interact with classmates via class forum boards.This class is licensed to be used with one student only. Special co-op packages are available. Please email Customer Support for more information.
This class is taught from a non-faith based worldview.
This class is subject to our Withdrawal and Refund Policy for self-paced classes.
Questions? Contact our Customer Support team at email@example.com.