**$90.00 for a 9 month subscription to the class page**
Sixteen Lessons Provided
Welcome to the Theater Arts Self-Paced Class! This is a full semester, ungraded class. All lessons and assignments are provided and are aligned to the specified text. Teacher will review and give feedback on all assignments turned in and will be available through email/ office hours for direct contact to address any questions. Students will receive a certificate upon completion of the course.
- Orientation to Theater Arts and the History of Theater/Vocabulary
- Voice and Inflections/ /Vocabulary
- The Play “Antigone”/Types of Historical Theaters/Vocabulary
- Student Narratives, Lighting/Stage Crafts/Vocabulary
- Monologues written by Students /Sub-texting Dialogue/ Stage Movements/Vocabulary
- The Play “Tartuffe”/Genre/Plot Analysis/Vocabulary
- Oral Open Dialogue Presentations /Set Designs/Vocabulary
- Acting Styles/Analyzing Scripts/Vocabulary
- Productions/Anton Chekhov/Vocabulary
- Technical Theater Production/Theatrical Makeup/Props for the play “Fourteen” (homework)/Vocabulary
- Playwright Samuel Beckett / Interpretations of the assigned excerpt from the play, “Godot”/Vocabulary
- Musical Production Assignments /Sharing Biographical information on the Playwright, August Wilson (/Interpretations of the assigned excerpt from the play “Seven Guitars”/Vocabulary
- Historical Theater Costuming/ reports comparing Edith Head and Walter Plunkett /Sets-Scenes-Props/Vocabulary
- Reader’s Theater/ presentations of Monologues/explore the life and works of O. Henry/Scripting assignment on O. Henry
- Writing and Theater/ Projects of choice from Chapter 15
- Week 16 – Professions in Theater
Materials Needed for Class: Microsoft Word/PowerPoint beneficial, Required Text, notebook for class notes and assignments
Required Textbooks or Workbooks: Theatre Art in Action – ISBN#: 0-07-861625-5 (please do not deviate from the given ISBN#) Text is available from many online vendors at a very reasonable price.
This class is taught from a non-faith based worldview.
This class is subject to our Withdrawal and Refund Policy for self-paced classes.
Questions? Contact our Customer Support team at email@example.com.